1/3 Photos of Iconic Aussie BBQ Prawns (Shrimp)
Well here it is, my BBQ prawn recipe. Removing the shells allows the marinade to get into the prawns, allowing less marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix everything together in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- 2Marinate for 30 - 60 minutes (while you make a salad, slice the bread, set the table and get the barbie heated up).
- 3You can either throw the prawns on just like this OR you can thread them onto skewers - either works.
- 4Cook over a medium heat until the prawns are lovely and orange - don't over cook or they will be woody and chewy.
- 5Serve with a salad and bread.
Browse Our Top Australian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Australian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iconic Aussie BBQ Prawns (Shrimp)
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.8
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 376.0 mg
- Sodium 1619.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 34.4 g