Recipe by Sweetiebarbara
This is another old recipe, probably the one the women at church use, I found it in the Fanny Farmer Cookbook.
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter cucumbers lengthwise.
- Cover the cucumbers with ice water and let stand overnight.
- Drain and pack upright in clean jars.
- Combine the sugar and vinegar with 2 cups of water in a pot.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the salt.
- Pour over the cucumbers, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Close the jars and process in a boiling-water bath for 10 minutes.