Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ichigo daifuku are sweet Japanese snacks filled with strawberry and anko (sweet red bean paste), also known as strawberry mochi.
- Mix the sugar and water together in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat and add mochiko.
- Stir until smooth, then turn the heat down and return pot to burner.
- Heat for 2 more minutes, stirring often.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When cool, take the mochi and make it into walnut sized balls then flatten them.
- Cover strawberries all over with a thin layer of the bean paste.
- Place a strawberry in the center of each mochi and bring edges together, pinching to close. Note: use mochiko on hands and mochi pieces to prevent sticking.
- The ichigo daifuku are now ready, serve as desired.