Recipe by ohcarolita
This is a Lebanese dish also known as Fried Onion Kufteh. You can eat this alone or wrap in in grape leaves and eat it.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped fine
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 2 cups fine bulgur
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped fine
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped fine
- 1 large bermuda onion, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the two large onions in olive oil for a few minutes. Do not brown. Add stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce and simmer, covered, for approximately 30 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and mix well with bulgar. Add lemon juice, salt to tasted, and black pepper. Keep stirring from time to time until bulgur absorbs all of the moisture and swells. This takes two hours. Add chopped parsley, scallions, and Bermuda onion. Mix well and serve cold.
- Feel free to add green pepper, red, orange, or yellow for extra color. Add jalepeno for an extra kick.