Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- Place two large pieces of tin foil down.
- Spread sliced onion pieces from one onion, on tin foil the length of the salmon.
- Lay salmon whole or fillet pieces on top of the onion slices.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Lightly spread butter or margarine on salmon.
- Sprinkle with your hand, brown sugar over salmon (Medium coverage).
- Cover salmon with remaining onion slices.
- Cover salmon with two pieces of tin foil and crimp sides together. Place on grill and check after about 10 minute Do not over cook the salmon. When salmon changes color and can be flaked with a fork your fish is done.
WoW! This was delicious! Moist and flavorful! After the time suggested for grilling it, my DD removed it from the grill and brought it in to inspect the fish for doneness. After she came in the heavens opened up with a deluge of rain, so when she opened the packet and found it need more cooking time, she wound up broiling it for an additional 5 minutes. Note: Cooking times will vary due to the thickness of the fish filets. Made for Summer 2009 Photo Tag.
This makes for extremely moist flavoursome salmon. I have a similar recipe where you lay the salmon on sliced onion and love the flavour that it gives. The brown sugar adds the right amount of sweet. I will make this again. Thanks for sharing