1/8 Photos of Icelandic Cocoa Soup
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. Just picked this recipe up when I was in Iceland from a cookbook called Cool Dishes. I think kids might really like this recipe, and it's relatively healthy too! A dessert soup might tickle their fancy. The book recommends serving this with crumbled rusks. Have not tried this recipe yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the cocoa powder, sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- 2Add the water gradually and stir until smooth.
- 3Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the milk, reheat to boiling point and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Mix the potato starch or cornstarch with a little cold water, stir into soup and remove from heat.
- 6Salt to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Icelandic Cocoa Soup
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.6
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 94.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g