Recipe by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. Just picked this recipe up when I was in Iceland from a cookbook called Cool Dishes. I think kids might really like this recipe, and it's relatively healthy too! A dessert soup might tickle their fancy. The book recommends serving this with crumbled rusks. Have not tried this recipe yet.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Mmm, this cocoa soup really is super yummy! A sweet, chocolatey treat, perfect for a chilly day or just to cheer you up after work. I enjoyed it with some home-made spice cookies, which was a perfect match. For flavour this would be a definite 5 stars, but unfortunately it never thickened, even though I used 2 tbs potato starch and allowed the soup to simmer for quite a while. Nonetheless it was very much enjoyed! :) Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #16 Novembre 09.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon potato starch or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cocoa powder, sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Add the water gradually and stir until smooth.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk, reheat to boiling point and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the potato starch or cornstarch with a little cold water, stir into soup and remove from heat.
- Salt to taste and serve.