Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Better Homes and Gardens. Good for the sultry dog days of summer!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yellow tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut up (about 5 medium)
- 1 large yellow sweet pepper, seeded and cut up
- 2 -3 yellow banana peppers, seeded and cut up
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 small roma tomato, peeled, seeded, and diced
- fresh whole chives (optional)
- In a food processor bowl or blender container combine half of the broth, yellow tomatoes, sweet pepper, banana pepper, garlic, and onion.
- Cover and process or blend mixture until smooth.
- Chill for 4 hours.
- Decorate with fresh chives, if desired, and serve.