Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Nice way to cool down in a hot summer night!
- 14 ounces chicken broth (2)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yellow tomatoes (seeded, peeled, and cut up-about 5)
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 2 1⁄2 yellow banana peppers (seeded & cut up)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1 small roma tomato (seeded, peeled & diced)
- 1 bunch of whole chives
- In a food processor bowl or blender container combine half of the broth, yellow tomatoes, sweet pepper, banana pepper, garlic, and onion. Cover and process or blend mixture until smooth. Repeat.
- Transfer soup to bowl. Chill, covered, for 4 hours. Top with diced Roma tomato and garnish with fresh whole chives, if desired. Makes 8 servings.