Recipe by Dee514
This very simple appetizer makes a delicious first course, especially if you are looking for something a "bit different" to serve. If the flavor of winter melon doesn't appeal to you, you may substitute honeydew or cantaloupe with equally good results.
- 1 medium ripe winter melon or 1 medium honeydew melon or 1 medium cantaloupe (if you prefer)
- 1 cup port wine or 1 cup sherry wine or 1 cup marsala
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a triangle in the stem end of the melon and remove seeds with a spoon.
- Fill with wine, replace triangle and refrigerate 3 hours, taking care that the wine doesn't spill out.
- To serve, drain wine, cut melon into quarters (the long way), place a melon wedge on each plate and pour a bit more wine into the hollow of the melon (where the seeds were).