Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This lovely chilled drink is decadent. It is so delicious, rich and creamy. The Ghirardelli chocolate and Godiva liqueur, take this drink to a new level. Enjoy.
- 8 ounces brewed coffee, cold, strong, fresh brewed French-roast
- 2 tablespoons white hot cocoa mix (Ghirardelli's)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces white chocolate liqueur (Godiva) (optional)
- 2 scoops French vanilla ice cream, large
- 2 -4 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules (garnish)
- 2 teaspoons white chocolate, flaked (garnish)
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall chilled glass and sprinkle the instant coffee over the coffee mixture and finish it off with the white chocolate flakes and serve immediately.
I have white coco but couldn't find white chocolate liqueur anywhere within my reachable area....or unreachable for that matter. I had to manage with a virgin afternoon treat and was not disappointed in any way. I used the last of my homemade white chocolate ice cream and I think that filled the gap pretty darn well. The drink was delicious and fluffy if one and say that about a liquid. Pure yum in a glass. :D
What a fantastic adult shake, just loved it!!! It is so perfect for us here in FL as it is still like summer weather almost now in January, so sad about the weather but so happy about the shake!!! I searched all the local grocery (chain) stores and then went to Walmart , Target and Save A Lot with no luck in finding the cocoa mix, so I had to use the normal cocoa mix instead of the white. I did add the liqueur, but again, it wasn't the white Godiva, so I didn't add a photo. But I highly recommend this wonderful shake/drink!!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe my friend. Made for Rookie Recipe Tag Game.
This was totally sinful! I had it as a late afternoon snack. I halved the white chocolate liqueur and it was still outstanding! Made for Summer 2009 Comfort Cafe.