Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yum - a really classic Australian biscuit/cookie.
For the pastry
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup plain flour
- 2⁄3 cup self-raising flour
For the icing
- 1 (100 g) packagepink marshmallows
- 40 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat the softened butter and the sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Fold in the sifted flours.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and knead gently for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Roll dough out between two sheets of baking paper to 4mm thickness.
- Use a knife of fluted pastry wheel to cut dough into 4.
- 5 x 6 cm rectangles and place on prepared trays- allow room for spreading.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool on the trays.
- Combine the marshmallows and butter in a small pan and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Stir in icing sugar.
- Put coconut on a sheet of greaseproof paper and working quickly, spread about a quarter teaspoon of icing along each side of biscuits, leaving a bare strip the length of the biscuit in the middle.
- Dip the iced biscuit in the coconut and shake off the excess.
- Put jam in small pan and heat gently until thinned and warm.
- Spread the warmed jam down the centre of the biscuit.
it turned out like hard toffee. unfortunatly i had to chuck them out as they were inedable :(
Loved this great Aussie recipe Fairy Nuff, to be honest my first attempt was not so good....but 2nd time around ........... so yummy & so good, didnt last long in this house !!!!!