Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Clone of a popular place here.
- Place the 6 cups of water and the tea bag in a microwave safe container.
- Push the tea bag down into the water to thoroughly soak the tea bag.
- Microwave in HIGH power for 7 minutes.
- Remove and let rest 5 minutes.
- Heat the 1 cup of water in the microwave on HIGH until it just starts to boil.
- Remove and slowly pour in the 1 cup of sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- When the sugar has completely dissolved, add this mixture into the 6 cups of brewed tea.
- Squeeze the tea bag and discard.
- Add the 4 cups of commercial ice to the brewed tea and dissolved'sugar water' mixture.
- To serve, pour into a glass or mug that has been filled with additional ice.
- Serve with a fresh lemon or lime wedge.
I have made this recipe since the large tea bags have become available. I can get a large box from a food warehouse which helps on cost. It is also great made with Splenda to help keep the calories down.
This tea seemed to lack the flavor some of the other recipes on zaar have. Perhaps it needs another tea bag. I will try it again and see. Thanks for sharing!
This is a nice way to make tea when all of your burners are in use. Which is why I tried this micro-waved tea recipe. My husband loves sweet tea so he really liked this tea. Thanks kcdelong. Bullwinkle.