Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love iced tea with sugar and lemon, but because I am a diabetic I had to limit my intake of this refreshing beverage. By experimenting several times, I came up with this recipe which is "legal" for me. I find it just as tasty and refreshing as the "real stuff".
- In a one gallon container,reconstitute lemonade mix in 2 quarts of cold water, stir well to mix and set aside.
- Put tea bags into clear cold water in an enamaled-lined sauce pan.
- Bring to boiling point and remove from heat.
- Add tea to lemonade mixture.
- Add more water to same teabags in saucepan and bring to boiling point once again.
- Remove immediately from heat and add to first mixture.
- Finish filling the gallon jug with cool clear water.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Serve over plenty of ice.
- The tea will remain fresh-tasting for several days if kept in the refrigerator.
- NOTE: Tea that is refrigerated sometimes becomes cloudy.
- If this occurs, you can"clear it up" by adding a small amount of boiling water.
A delightful flavor and a real treat. I used all Splenda instead of a mix of Splenda and sugar and a pink lemonade mix is what I had on hand. I very much enjoy this and I think I'll be making it often in the warmer months. Thank you Gwanny.