Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Good iced tea, more sugar may be added if you find it too sour for your taste. Mix in a large pitcher.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 tea bags (Red Rose or any Orange Pekoe Tea)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (real lemon)
- Measure sugar and place in large mixing bowl with 1/2 cup lemon juice to dissolve.
- Boil water and measure 2 cups.
- Add tea bags to the water and steep for no more than 5 minutes.
- Remove the bags and discard.
- DO NOT SQUEEZE tea bags (this crushes the leaves and releases the tannin which is bitter).
- Pour hot tea into sugar/lemon mixture and stir to mix well.
- Transfer into pitcher and add 5 1/2 cups cold water.
- 8. Refridgerate and serve over ice.
- 9. Cool and refreshing.
when my husband came home from work he had a glass and loved it so much we quickly drank the rest and I had to make another batch before the evening was done! Really refreshing and so simple to make.
Made exactly as written. This tea is a lemony tea. With the limited steeping time the tea is light and not too heavy tea tasting. The fresh lemon juice makes it flavorful and it is indeed refreshing. Sweet but not too sweet. Nice for a warm afternoon. UPDATE: I had to change this to 5 stars after letting it chill overnight. The flavors are even better. It reminds me of that tea in a bottle from Snapple that you pay a couple bucks for. Thanks for posting. Enjoy! ChefDLH
Thank you so much for this recipe. It was exactly what I was looking for. Perfect balance of tea flavour and sweet. I will be making this lots this summer!