Recipe by strew
Good iced tea, more sugar may be added if you find it too sour for your taste. Mix in a large pitcher.
Top Review by Wynker
when my husband came home from work he had a glass and loved it so much we quickly drank the rest and I had to make another batch before the evening was done! Really refreshing and so simple to make.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 tea bags (Red Rose or any Orange Pekoe Tea)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (real lemon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure sugar and place in large mixing bowl with 1/2 cup lemon juice to dissolve.
- Boil water and measure 2 cups.
- Add tea bags to the water and steep for no more than 5 minutes.
- Remove the bags and discard.
- DO NOT SQUEEZE tea bags (this crushes the leaves and releases the tannin which is bitter).
- Pour hot tea into sugar/lemon mixture and stir to mix well.
- Transfer into pitcher and add 5 1/2 cups cold water.
- 8. Refridgerate and serve over ice.
- 9. Cool and refreshing.