Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from a friend. So much better than the bottled ice tea or the powdered.
- Place tea bags in a 6 cup tea pot.
- Add boiling water and steep for 15 minute.
- Pour steeped tea into pitcher.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add lemons.
- Fill pitcher with cold water to taste.
- Putting in fridge makes ice tea cloudy so I just add ice to a glass and pour in tea.
I made this recipe for the " Summer Comfort Cafe' " event. Since I'm the only one that drinks sweetened tea with lemon in it, only half was made. Other than that, this was made as written. This was quite refreshing and hit the spot. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
this is how i always make iced tea, but without the sugar. i added the teabags to 2 cups of boiling water, then added the strong tea to a pitcher, add the lemon slices and add 2c cold water and 1c ice cubes. i don't use sugar, er prefer ous unsweetened. this is refreshing during the summer, but i make it all year round, healthy and calorie free.