Prep 12 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 teaspoons tea leaves
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 6 -8 mint leaves
- 14 -16 ice cubes (to serve)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Boil 2 cups of water.
- Remove from heat.
- Add tea leaves and 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Cover and set aside to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea, discarding the leaves remaining in the strainer.
- Add some water to the brew, if needed.
- Add lemon juice, mint leave, honey, and remaining sugar to taste.
- Stir till sugar dissolves.
- Serve chilled with ice cubes and a few mint leaves.
I love mint in tea and this was very nice! I used spearmint. My DH and I are on a iced tea kick right now, and this was great! Thanks!