I love this recipe. My mother and my grandmother have always made this during hot weather ever since I was little. Now I make it and it's always a little taste of summer.
- Open teabags and place them in a coffee pot with the strings dangling outside of the pot.
- Place the coffee pot on the burner in your coffee maker. Pour enough water in the top of the coffee maker to fill up your coffee pot. (No filter is needed).
- Turn the warmer on and let steep for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes are up turn the warmer off and let the pot sit on the burner for an additional 15 minutes.
- Fill a gallon pitcher about 1/3 full of cold water so that the hot tea doesn't burn the bottom of it. Add your 1/2 cup of sugar to the water and stir with a long handled wooden spoon until sugar has dissolved.
- When tea is done pour from the coffee pot into the gallon pitcher. Stir tea and add more water to the jug until it is full.
- Keep tea chilled in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy! :).