1/1 Photo of Iced Tea
I love this recipe. My mother and my grandmother have always made this during hot weather ever since I was little. Now I make it and it's always a little taste of summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Open teabags and place them in a coffee pot with the strings dangling outside of the pot.
- 2Place the coffee pot on the burner in your coffee maker. Pour enough water in the top of the coffee maker to fill up your coffee pot. (No filter is needed).
- 3Turn the warmer on and let steep for 15 minutes.
- 4After the 15 minutes are up turn the warmer off and let the pot sit on the burner for an additional 15 minutes.
- 5Fill a gallon pitcher about 1/3 full of cold water so that the hot tea doesn't burn the bottom of it. Add your 1/2 cup of sugar to the water and stir with a long handled wooden spoon until sugar has dissolved.
- 6When tea is done pour from the coffee pot into the gallon pitcher. Stir tea and add more water to the jug until it is full.
- 7Keep tea chilled in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy! :).
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iced Tea
Serving Size: 1 (6 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: