Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this recipe. My mother and my grandmother have always made this during hot weather ever since I was little. Now I make it and it's always a little taste of summer.
- 5 lipton tea bags (unflavored)
- 4 bigelow constant comment tea bags (flavored with rind of oranges and sweet spice)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Open teabags and place them in a coffee pot with the strings dangling outside of the pot.
- Place the coffee pot on the burner in your coffee maker. Pour enough water in the top of the coffee maker to fill up your coffee pot. (No filter is needed).
- Turn the warmer on and let steep for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes are up turn the warmer off and let the pot sit on the burner for an additional 15 minutes.
- Fill a gallon pitcher about 1/3 full of cold water so that the hot tea doesn't burn the bottom of it. Add your 1/2 cup of sugar to the water and stir with a long handled wooden spoon until sugar has dissolved.
- When tea is done pour from the coffee pot into the gallon pitcher. Stir tea and add more water to the jug until it is full.
- Keep tea chilled in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy! :).
I have been making a lot of ice teas that I like. I Absolutely loved this. The Constant Comment tea makes this iced tea. The sugar balance is great and the tastes of the two teas pair with any meal. Light yet flavorful. Loved it! I accented with orange slices both in the tea pitcher and on the side of the rim. Perfect. Thanks Jenna for sharing! Enjoy ChefDLH
Made for Comfort Cafe July 09 YUMMMMMMMY Made for a get together with girlfriends this week and they all raved. Not too sweet and just perfect in flavor. I cleaned out my coffeepot real well and made this the night before and refrigerated. Needed my coffee in the morning. I am looking at garage sales to find another coffee pot to keep on hand for the summer as this is so easy to make. I am going to try this with flavored teas for the kids when they visit as well. Great recipe.
Awsome recipe!!! I made it for a brunch, and it was a hit!! I didnt have any bigelow teabags, so I used Bengal spice tea bags instead (a spiced tea) Thanks for sharing! (: