If you enjoy having a soothing, refreshing glass of iced tea in the summertime, I hope you will try my version of sweet mint tea. I grew up drinking mint tea and still enjoy it so very much today. If you don't care for sugar in your tea, just leave it out, it will still be just as satisfying.
- In large tea pot (or two small tea pots) pour boiling water over tea bags and mint and allow to steep for 20 minutes.
- Place sugar in 2-quart pitcher (that will tolerate some heat).
- Pour freshly brewed tea (minus mint and tea bags) into sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, pour into tall glasses over ice.
- Serve with lemon slices.
- Serves 8.