I find most recipes for sun tea to be weak and tasteless. I like this recipe and usually drink tons of it in warm weather.
- Remove any tags from the tea bags (prevents dye from leeching into the tea) and place them in the bottom of a clear, glass, 1/2 gallon pitcher.
- Fill with cold water , add lemon and lime and cover with plastic wrap or lid (keeps gnats and other creepies out).
- Place outdoors in the sun (can do out of the sun as well, but takes just a bit longer).
- Allow to brew for 5-6 hours or until it is as dark as you like (warmer weather brews it faster).
- Remove tea bags and fruit and serve tea over ice, sweetened with honey if desired (mix it in while tea is warm).
- Tea will keep about 6 hours, after which the quality decreases rapidly.