1/3 Photos of Iced Sun Tea
3 hrs 5 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
I find most recipes for sun tea to be weak and tasteless. I like this recipe and usually drink tons of it in warm weather.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove any tags from the tea bags (prevents dye from leeching into the tea) and place them in the bottom of a clear, glass, 1/2 gallon pitcher.
- 2Fill with cold water , add lemon and lime and cover with plastic wrap or lid (keeps gnats and other creepies out).
- 3Place outdoors in the sun (can do out of the sun as well, but takes just a bit longer).
- 4Allow to brew for 5-6 hours or until it is as dark as you like (warmer weather brews it faster).
- 5Remove tea bags and fruit and serve tea over ice, sweetened with honey if desired (mix it in while tea is warm).
- 6Tea will keep about 6 hours, after which the quality decreases rapidly.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iced Sun Tea
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black tea bags