Recipe by pachyrachy
Lovely spicey hard cookies, you can't just have one!! I've been making this recipe since I was about 6; it came from a children's cookbook. yummi!
FOR THE BISCUITS
- 250 g plain flour
- 125 g butter
- 125 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 pinch salt
FOR THE ICING
- 125 g icing sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot water
- food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 190c/375f/gas mark 5.
- Beat the butter and sugar til fluffy then beat the egg in bit by bit.
- Sift in the flour, salt and spice.
- Mix well and make a ball of firm dough.
- Roll the dough out until 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut dough into shapes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Mix the icing sugar and hot water until smooth.
- Colour if necessary.
- Spread onto biscuits.