Recipe by CindiJ
Another family favorite from the 2002 Holiday Baking Cookbook. This is a great recipe to take to potlucks, church socials or just sharing over coffee with friends.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bottom and sides of jelly roll pan 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat brown sugar, butter and vanilla until creamy. Beat in eggs and pumpkin until well mixed. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Spread into prepared jelly roll pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely for 1 hour.
- When cookies are cool, prepare the frosting.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar in small bowl until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Spread evenly over the cookies.
- Can decorate with finely chopped crystallized ginger or by taking small cookie cutters dipped into cinnamon and press lightly onto the tops of frosted bars.