Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A nice easy to make cookie with a nice sunny orange taste
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (no substitutes)
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in orange juice and peel.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in.
- apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 min, or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- To make icing, in a small bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cooled cookies.