Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
another recipe from the cookie collection.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- in a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- add eggs, one a time, beating well after each addition.
- beat in orange juice and peel.
- combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- drop by heaping teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- bake at 350 degrees, for 10-12 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
- remove to wire racks to cool.
- in a small bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth.
- drizzle over cooled cookies.