Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Iced Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup chunky-style applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- Make cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until combined. Add egg and applesauce, mix until well blended, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix in raisins.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake cookies until golden and just set, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack set over parchment paper; let cool completely.
- Make icing: Whisk confectioners' sugar, syrup, and 3 tablespoons water until smooth. Drizzle over cookies, let set.
Made these with regular brown raisins, and added pecans and walnuts.. I made them for my grandpa, because I hate raisins.. But I couldn't resist so I tried one and they were absolutely amazing!!!