Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Enjoy without the guilt. This is so good and cool. The cooking time reflects the 8 hours to freeze the cubes.
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons dutch process cocoa
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups half & half light cream, divided
- frozen whipped topping
- chocolate curls
- Combine the Splenda Granular, cocoa, and coffee in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in boiling water, whisking until blended.
- Stir in 1 cup fat free half and half.
- Pour mixture into ice cube trays.
- Freeze 8 hours.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup half and half in blender.
- Gradually add frozen mocha cubes, blending until smooth.
- Serve immediately garnished with chocolate curls and frozen whipped topping.
We made this exactly to the recipe and loved the coffee yumminess! We included this in a round up of our favorite freezer treats: http://www.partselect.com/JustForFun/Chilly-Fridge-Freezer-Treats.aspx
This was my first cold drink of the year, it was a great welcome to the longer days and warming temps. I used the ice cream maker and I can't say that I thought it came out any better than if it was made as the recipe says. I think that it didn't like doing just one drink but be that as it may, it was still yummy. Used dark cocoa, fat free coffee creamer and feel no guilt in any way....just a happy contentment that only coffee and chocolate can deliver. Thanks so much for this Paula. :D
Wonderful iced coffee drink. I made some changes and served this as an after dinner drink. I used instant espresso instead of coffee. Then, I blended the cubes with 1/2 cup Bailey's Irish Cream and 1/4 cup vanilla flavored white rum and 1/4 cup milk. Yummy!! Quite potent...everyone loved it!