Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a recipe from my grocery store. A great dessert to serve during the summer or anytime of the year. Mascarpone and coffee, that's the perfect combination.
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 7 ounces granulated sugar
- 3 eggs (separate egg whites from egg yolks)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces icing sugar
- 1⁄2 lb mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons hazelnuts, roasted and chopped
- cookie (your favorite)
- Combine granulated sugar with coffee in a saucepan. Reduce mixture by half – cook about 3 minutes. Set aside 2 tbsp of coffee syrup obtained.
- Beat egg yolks in the food processor with icing sugar and 2 tbsp of coffee syrup until the mixture triples in volume.
- Using a flexible spatula, incorporate mascarpone cheese to the preparation obtained in step 2.
- Beat egg whites into stiff peaks, then carefully incorporate into previous preparation with the flexible spatula.
- Add chopped roasted hazelnuts and divide creamy mixture into individual serving cups.
- Refrigerate for 1 or 2 hours and serve with your choice of cookie.
- (Julie B's Hive used the extra coffee syrup as a topping to the dessert and sprinkled on a bit more of the chopped hazelnuts).
Light as a feather lovely! Nine minutes to reduce syrup by half and I used the extra coffee syrup (at Boomette's suggestion) as a topping to the dessert and sprinkled on a bit more of the chopped hazelnuts, no cookie needed when served like this. Made for the Photo Tag.