Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
yummy..we find these refreshing in the summer..
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- heat oven to 325* -- grease bottom and side of a 13x9 pan -- with crisco.set aside.
- beat sugars and butter in large mixing bowl -- until combined.
- beat on medium speed until light and fluffy --
- stir in lemon zest and lemon juice --
- stir in flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- press dough in pan -- with floured fingers.
- bake 35-45 minutes or top is lightly golden brown --
- cool completely in pan on wire rack for about 45 minutes.
- spread with lemon icing -- let stand 15 minutes.until set.
- for bars, cut into 6x6 rows.
- to prepare LEMON ICING:.
- mix all ingredients in medium bowl with spoon until smooth and spreadable.