yummy..we find these refreshing in the summer..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1heat oven to 325* -- grease bottom and side of a 13x9 pan -- with crisco.set aside.
- 2beat sugars and butter in large mixing bowl -- until combined.
- 3beat on medium speed until light and fluffy --
- 4stir in lemon zest and lemon juice --
- 5stir in flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- 6press dough in pan -- with floured fingers.
- 7bake 35-45 minutes or top is lightly golden brown --
- 8cool completely in pan on wire rack for about 45 minutes.
- 9spread with lemon icing -- let stand 15 minutes.until set.
- 10for bars, cut into 6x6 rows.
- 11to prepare LEMON ICING:.
- 12mix all ingredients in medium bowl with spoon until smooth and spreadable.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iced Lemon Shortbread Bars
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 79.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g