Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
yummy..we find these refreshing in the summer..
Make and share this Iced Lemon Shortbread Bars recipe from Food.com.
- heat oven to 325* -- grease bottom and side of a 13x9 pan -- with crisco.set aside.
- beat sugars and butter in large mixing bowl -- until combined.
- beat on medium speed until light and fluffy --
- stir in lemon zest and lemon juice --
- stir in flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- press dough in pan -- with floured fingers.
- bake 35-45 minutes or top is lightly golden brown --
- cool completely in pan on wire rack for about 45 minutes.
- spread with lemon icing -- let stand 15 minutes.until set.
- for bars, cut into 6x6 rows.
- to prepare LEMON ICING:.
- mix all ingredients in medium bowl with spoon until smooth and spreadable.