Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Light and addictive--family favorites! I'm not sure where the recipe comes from, but these certainly are good:)
Top Review by Susan Lee
These cookies are perfect with iced tea and hot weather! The combination of lemony sweet cookie and tart glaze is wonderful. I got a bit "zesty", so mine were a bit more tangy. We loved these, and thank you for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- COOKIES: Cream the butter and sugar together using an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Beat in the egg and lemon zest.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the poppy seeds with the mixer on low speed.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoon 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden.
- Cool on sheets for 1 minute; transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- GLAZE: Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl; mix well.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies in a random or decorative pattern; let stand until glaze is set, about 20 minutes.