1/1 Photo of Iced Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
Light and addictive--family favorites! I'm not sure where the recipe comes from, but these certainly are good:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2COOKIES: Cream the butter and sugar together using an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- 3Beat in the egg and lemon zest.
- 4Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 5Stir in the poppy seeds with the mixer on low speed.
- 6Drop dough by heaping teaspoon 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 7Bake for 11-12 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden.
- 8Cool on sheets for 1 minute; transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- 9GLAZE: Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl; mix well.
- 10Drizzle glaze over cookies in a random or decorative pattern; let stand until glaze is set, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iced Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (619 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1245.8
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 215.0 mg
- Sodium 1050.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 188.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 126.1 g
- Protein 12.5 g