Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is a great warm weather soup when honeydew melons are in season. The quality of your soup will depend on the quality of your melon, so be sure it's nice and ripe! Originally from a June 1979 issue of Bon Apetit.
- 6 cups honeydew melon, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 cups rich clear chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Process melon 2 cups at a time in food processor or blender until pureed.
- Return to work bowl and blend in batches with broth,lemon juice,vodka, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a jar or container with tight fitting lid and chill at least 2 hours.
- Serve in small porcelain soup bowls or glass mugs, floating a lemon slice atop each serving.