Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really refreshing iced tea variation. Great with bbq.
- 4 bags mint tea
- 8 slices ginger, thin,unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup whole fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 sprigs of fresh mint (optional)
- Place tea bags, ginger, mint& sugar in saucepan.
- Pour in boiling water, cover, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Strain tea into large pitcher and stir in lemon.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Pour into ice filled glasses and garnish with mint.
I made this for a cook-out/picnic. It was really refreshing. I love fresh mint and it grows wild right outside my kitchen window. This was really nice from regular iced tea.
Yummy. I used grated ginger since I keep my ginger in the freezer (couldn't slice it) and about 1/2 a package of fresh mint. I don't like hot mint tea, but I like this cold! Great with bbq. Thanks. :)
I thought that this was just ok. My husband didn't like it, sorry but I won't make it again.