Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
Make and share this Iced Lemon Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped shelled pistachios
- In large bowl, combine butter, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup powdered sugar; beat well. Add egg, oil and lemon peel; mix well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt to sugar mixture; beat until well blended. Cover dough with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 325. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten cookies into 2-inch rounds with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 325 for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges begin to set and cookies are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets; place on wire racks. Cool 10 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, blend 2 cups powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired spreading consistency. Spread frosting on cooled cookies. Sprinkle pistachios on frosting before it sets.
I made half a batch of these the other day with great results. The glaze/topping really is what makes these cookies so good. They have a slight, but not over powering lemon taste that I really enjoyed. I baked these in a convection oven at 310 F for about 9 minutes or so. Great cookies recipe that I plan on making a full bacth of soon!
Fantastic!!!! I used grated lemon rind on top rather than pistachios. I'll make this one again!