Recipe by thesinglebite
Healthy, delicious and vegan!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these to share with a small group during a weekly meeting we attend & they were gone in no time at all, with raves all around! I really liked the lemon & berry combo, & will be making them again just for us here at home! Definitely a keeper recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml quick oats
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml vegan butter, softened
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 78.07 ml soymilk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre- heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin pan, set aside.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a bowl (flours, oats, baking powder, salt), set aside.
- In another bowl add sugar, butter, applesauce, soy milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk together until mixed. Add dry ingredients to and stir until just combined (you don't want to over mix). Gently fold in the blueberries. Batter will be thick. Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once muffins are cool and ready to glaze, make the the glaze by whisking the lemon juice and powdered sugar together in a bowl. Drizzle over muffins.