Healthy, delicious and vegan!
Make and share this Iced Lemon Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Pre- heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin pan, set aside.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a bowl (flours, oats, baking powder, salt), set aside.
- In another bowl add sugar, butter, applesauce, soy milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk together until mixed. Add dry ingredients to and stir until just combined (you don't want to over mix). Gently fold in the blueberries. Batter will be thick. Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once muffins are cool and ready to glaze, make the the glaze by whisking the lemon juice and powdered sugar together in a bowl. Drizzle over muffins.
Made these to share with a small group during a weekly meeting we attend & they were gone in no time at all, with raves all around! I really liked the lemon & berry combo, & will be making them again just for us here at home! Definitely a keeper recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]