- 3 3⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 ounces imported bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (not unsweetened)
- 12 ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 3 cups of milk, 1/3 cup water, and sugar to a simmer in heavy large saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, about 4 hours (Can be made one day ahead. Cover and keep refridgerated).
- Mix 3/4 cup milk into chocolate mixture.
- Working in batches, blend until frothy.
- Divide ice among 4 glasses.
- Pour Chocolate mixture over and serve.