Recipe by Dine & Dish
These cookies are so soft and the citrus flavor is so unique. I hope you love these tender cookies as much as my family does! A perfect summer afternoon treat with your lemonade!
Top Review by cbjc2729
Very nice cookie! Neither honey or lemon overpowered the other flavor. I didn't have plain yogurt so I substituted with vanilla yogurt which may have toned down both flavors. I didn't get anywhere close to 3 dozen out of this recipe though. I only got 28 cookies with a small cookie scoop. Frosting was very sweet and ehanced the lemon flavor of the cookie. Will bake again!
- 103.53 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 large egg
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml honey
- 59.14 ml plain yogurt
- 9.85 ml freshly grated lemon zest
- 2.46 ml lemon extract
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml grated lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together; beat in egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another separate bowl, combine honey, yogurt, lemon peel and lemon extract.
- Alternate between adding the dry ingredients and the honey mixture to the creamed mixture; mix until well blended.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls, 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a light golden color; remove to wire racks.
- For the icing, in a small bowl combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Brush over the warm cookies and sprinkle with the grated lemon peel.