1/1 Photo of Iced Honey Lemon Cookies
Dine & Dish's Note:
These cookies are so soft and the citrus flavor is so unique. I hope you love these tender cookies as much as my family does! A perfect summer afternoon treat with your lemonade!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together; beat in egg.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3In another separate bowl, combine honey, yogurt, lemon peel and lemon extract.
- 4Alternate between adding the dry ingredients and the honey mixture to the creamed mixture; mix until well blended.
- 5Drop by tablespoonfuls, 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- 6Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a light golden color; remove to wire racks.
- 7For the icing, in a small bowl combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- 8Brush over the warm cookies and sprinkle with the grated lemon peel.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iced Honey Lemon Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (810 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 945.1
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 735.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 162.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 105.0 g
- Protein 10.8 g