Recipe by Sharon123
Burkina Faso, also known by its short-form name Burkina, is a landlocked country in west Africa. The tea is called Bissap a La Bonne Dame in Burkina Faso, Africa, and enjoyed everyday in the hot weather. Chilled hibiscus tea is light and refreshing. The natural floral tang is a wonderful counterpart to sweet pineapple chunks. I'm traveling the world, making vegetarian or vegan recipes from each country. Some can be especially challenging, lol.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a great ice tea recipe Sharon. I really enjoyed it. I used fresh pineapple but I crushed it, worked really well in this recipe. The hibiscus tea was wonderful mixed with the pink lemonade. I loved it, great flavor, beautiful color and nice texture. Thanks for sharing another wonderful drink recipe.
- 1 big handful dried hibiscus flowers (or 4 teabags)
- 6 cups boiling water
- 4 cups ice
- 1 pineapple, cubed
- pink lemonade (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour boiling water over hibiscus flowers or teabags.
- Let steep about 30 minutes. Hibiscus looks so pretty as the purplish dried leaves turn the water deep red.
- Strain into ice to speed up cooling.
- Serve chilled with chunks of freshly cut pineapple. You can leave the pineapple out of the drink if you like, but it's so good and cold, don't leave it out!
- If you like, mix equal parts lemonade with the tea. Yum.