Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
For a stronger coffee flavor use 3 coffee cubes for each serving.
- 2⁄3 cup instant coffee (dry)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hazelnut-flavored nondairy liquid coffee creamer
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 cups milk
- whipped cream, if desired
- ground cinnamon, if desired
- Mix coffee, creamer, water and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl, stirring until coffee is dissolved.
- Pour into 2 ice-cube trays. Freeze at least 3 hours or until hardened. Transfer cubes to a plastic storage container or bag.
- For each serving, place 2 coffee cubes, 2/3 cup milk and 4 water ice cubes in blender. Cover and blend on high speed about 20 seconds or until blended and slightly slushy.
- Pour into glass. Top with dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Sorry carolinafan, but I didn't care for this iced coffee. It had a bitter taste to it, plus a very strong coffee taste to it as well, so I couldn't taste much of the hazelnut flavor in it. I think the recipe needs a bit of sugar added to it. I made this recipe twice, and reducing the servings to one third the recipe. I added a bit more of the hazelnut coffee creamer, and while the taste of the hazelnut creamer came through, I felt the coffee was still missing something. There is another recipe similar to this one posted here at the site, which sugar is one of the ingredients in the recipe, and I think that's what this recipe needs. Carolinafan, sorry I wasn't able to give this recipe a better review. Perhaps others will enjoy it though!
Two cubes was plenty strong for me. A nice treat. I think it would be delicious if you used some ice cream in place of some of the milk to make it thicker. I think I'd prefer the hazelnut flavor without the addition of the cinnamon, but that's just personal preference. The only trouble I had was I couldn't pop them out of the ice cube trays. I ended up scooping them out with a knife, but that didn't matter. Thanks for posting!