Recipe by GingerlyJ
coffee shop quality iced drinks for half the price at home!!!
Top Review by Domestic Goddess
When making this coffee, I cut the recipe in half. This is pretty good, but I found the coffee didn't thicken up as much as I had hoped. The coffee flavored ice cubes didn't really harden in the freezer, plus I had to use a butter knife to remove the coffee cubes from the ice cube trays. I ended up adding the entire flavored coffee cubes to an empty cool whip container, (placing it in the freezer) and I would scoop out the slightly frozen flavored coffee with a spoon when I would mix up a drink. I found 3 tablespoons of the coffee mixture, is equal to 2 coffee flavored ice cubes. I did enjoy this beverage even more, by adding 1 tablespoon of Smucker's Caramel Sundae Syrup to the flavored coffee before blending it. Plus I also drizzled some of the caramel syrup ontop the coffee which I also topped with some Reddi Whip Whipped Topping. I think the caramel syrup makes this iced coffee taste even better. Thanx for the recipe GingerlyJ.
- 3⁄4 cup instant coffee granules
- 3⁄4 cup hazelnut flavored liquid coffee creamer
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 cups milk
- 48 ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- in a medium bowl stir in coffee, creamer, sugar water and cinnamon unil coffee is dissolved.
- pour coffee mixture into 2 ice trays freeze until hardened.
- transer coffee cubes to A freezer bag.
- for each serving place 2 coffee cubes. 2/3 cup milk and 4 water ice cubes in a blender.
- blend unti slushy and top with whipped cream.