Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from Glorian ruoka&viini magazine. The recipe calls for loose tea leaves but I don't see why you couldn't use tea bags instead! Adjust the amount of sugar to taste.
- 500 ml water
- 1⁄2-1 cm fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons green tea leaves
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- lemon balm leaves (optional)
- Measure water into a saucepan, add ginger and bring to boil.
- Add tea leaves; brew 1-3 minutes (or longer, depending on how strong you like your tea).
- Add sugar and lemon juice, strain tea.
- Allow to cool and add ice. Garnish with lemon balm leaves.
So refreshing, but I can't wait for the drunken version. Drink this tea-flavored ginger water responsibly, now.
This is was absolutely delicious and so refreshing! It is the perfect summer cooler. I doubled the recipe to make a pitcher to keep in the fridge and have on hand. Thanks for the great recipe!
A friend brough lemon balm from her garden and we were so happy to find this use for them. A delicious tea, Stormy, and I love the ginger infusion.