Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is more about the method than the ingredients. If you don't already like green tea, this will not change your mind! I found it on several different websites including wikihow, but I am not sure where it originally came from. I use "London Fruit&Herb Company-Green Tea and Raspberry" for my tea. *Note prep time does not include chilling time.
- 6 cups of room temperature water
- 6 green tea bags
- Pour the water into container.
- Add the green tea bags. Move it back and forth slowly several times.
- After 15 seconds or so of moving the teabags back and forth, place the container in the refrigerator. Leave the teabags inside.
- Chill for one hour. Take the container out of the refrigerator, remove the teabags, and keep chilling until you have it at the temperature you want it.
I am enjoying this refreshing green iced tea right now! I have always seeped my tea bags in hot water, so I wasn't sure how well this would work. It worked brilliantly! No more heating up water! I used a bit of stevia in my glass to sweeten it just a tad. I love that this is so healthy, too. Thank you!
Can't believe how easy it is to make this delightful beverage! We're big on ice tea, & this is a wonderful new way to prepare it! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the special event All Aboard the L-O-V-E Train!]
I love green tea, and serving it iced is especially refreshing. This is so easy to make and have on hand. A wonderful summer beverage. Thank you, flygirl #5 [Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag]