Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Southern Living.
Make and share this Iced Green Tea recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 8 regular green tea bags (Celestial Seasonings)
- 2 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (no-calorie artificial sweetener)
- In a saucepan, pour boiling water over tea bags; cover and steep 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags from water, squeezing gently.
- Stir in 2 cups cold water and sweetener, stirring until sweetener dissolves.
- Serve over ice or let tea come to room temperature then serve over ice.
I've been using this formula to make tea, and it hasn't failed me yet. I do use only a 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey since I don't like it too sweet, and it comes out tasting great. Thanks!
Splenda and Truvia are bad for you. Do the research. Really raw honey, on the other hand is very good for you and tastes great. Don't steep for more than 3 minutes. Some places recommend only one minute. I usually only do one minute. Then it is not bitter. Good recipe, thanks. ( I would give it five if it didn't say to use Splenda)
I really wish I weren't bragging about this matter, but at my age I routinely spontaneously combust and being a raging inferno apparently gives my family much entertainment. Thank YOU for the cool-down because THEY are still over there laughing.