1 hr 13 mins
These colorful "swizzle sticks" of fruit add a festive touch to any iced tea beverage, but are particularly beautiful in the ginger green tea. From Malabar Trading.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups fresh water, hot
- 4 cups fresh water, cool
- 1/4 cup sugar, to taste (or honey, agave syrup)
- 3 inches fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons green tea (Cloud and Mist, Zhen Mee or Apricot Green)
- sugar (optional) or honey, to taste (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan, combine hot water, sugar and ginger. Bring mixture to the boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Add green tea an stir; let stand, covered, for 3 minutes. Sweeten to taste, if desired. Stir in cool water.
- 2Pour liquid through fine mesh strainer into 1-gallon pitcher or punch bowl. (Discard ginger and tea leaves.) Cover; cool 1 hour or chill until ready to serve. Garnish with fruit skewes.
- 3Fruit Skewers: On a 12-inch wooden skewer, alternate fruits, lime quarters, and orange peel strips. Place skewer inside pitcher or punch bowl as a decorative swizzle stick. Use 6 inch wooden skewers for individual servings.
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iced Ginger Green Tea With Fruit Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 16.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: