From the Magnolia Bakery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for spinkling
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light unsulphured molasses
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients; set aside.
- 3In a larger bowl, beat together the oil and sugar for 2-3 minutes (use an electric mixer on medium speed).
- 4Add in the egg and molasses; beat well.
- 5Add in the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- 6Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving several inches between for expansion.
- 7Sprinkle lightly w/ sugar.
- 8Bake for 12 minutes; cool cookies on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 9To make the icing: combine the sugar, shortening, and water in a bowl; beat until smooth and creamy; cover until ready to use.
- 10When the cookies are completely cooled, spread a very thin layer of icing on each cookie; let the icing set before stacking the cookies or they will stick together.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iced Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (945 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2049.5
- Calories from Fat 828
- Total Fat 92.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 1909.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 296.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 182.9 g
- Protein 16.1 g