1/1 Photo of Iced Gazpacho With Homemade Garlic Croutons
Midwest Maven's Note:
A very refreshing traditional Spanish soup, great for a hot day.(time does not include chill time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 14 ounces tomatoes, large and juicy ones, skinned, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- sea salt
- 1Put the bell peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, olive oil and vinegar in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- 2Season with salt and pepper to taste, transfer to a bowl, cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- 3Meanwhile, for the garlic croutons, heat the oil in a skillet over med/high heat.
- 4Add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes, stirring to flavor the oil.(can use more garlic if you like).
- 5Discard the garlic, add the bread cubes, and fry until golden on all sides.
- 6Drain well on paper towels, sprinkle with the sea salt and store in an airtight container if not using immediately.
- 7To serve, place ice cubes in soup bowls, ladle the soup on top and then top with your garnishes and croutons, or let your guests add their own.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iced Gazpacho With Homemade Garlic Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.1
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 73.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar