A very refreshing traditional Spanish soup, great for a hot day.(time does not include chill time)
Make and share this Iced Gazpacho With Homemade Garlic Croutons recipe from Food.com.
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 14 ounces tomatoes, large and juicy ones, skinned, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- sea salt
- diced green and red bell pepper
- finely diced seeded cucumber
- chopped scallion
- ice cube
- Put the bell peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, olive oil and vinegar in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, transfer to a bowl, cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, for the garlic croutons, heat the oil in a skillet over med/high heat.
- Add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes, stirring to flavor the oil.(can use more garlic if you like).
- Discard the garlic, add the bread cubes, and fry until golden on all sides.
- Drain well on paper towels, sprinkle with the sea salt and store in an airtight container if not using immediately.
- To serve, place ice cubes in soup bowls, ladle the soup on top and then top with your garnishes and croutons, or let your guests add their own.
This was an awesome Gazpacho! I made it exactly as written and the only thing I would change is to pass on the ice cubes. They make a nice presentaion but I didn't want them to water the soup down so I fished them out after taking a picture. I loved the crunch of the garnishes and croutons against the sliky mouth feel of the soup. Very easy, very, very flavourful. It's a winner in this house!
Made for the Bistro Babes - ZWT 8