Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Soft, eggnog flavored cookie for use with cookie cutters. The recipe is from Land O' Lakes Butter. I have not included chill time, or cooling time.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup prepared eggnog
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup prepared eggnog
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in 1/3 cup eggnog, egg, and vanilla.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Wrap. Chill at least an hour so dough will handle well.
- Working with half of dough at a time, roll to 1/4 inch thick and cut with 3 to 4 inch cookie cutters.
- Bake 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets, at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- When cookies have cooled, frost with frosting made by combining powdered sugar and 1/4 cup eggnog. (You can divide the frosting and tint it different colors if you'd like.These make really cute "Frosty" the Snowmen.).